Saturday, December 5, 2009

I dance ballet and I'm 13 years old. I'm 5' 5", 135 lb and sure I need to loose

I've tried to watch what I eat and work out, but I always give it up. I also need to get more flexible for my class. Any suggestions/diets?



I dance ballet and I'm 13 years old. I'm 5' 5", 135 lb and sure I need to loose weight. Any dancer's diets?city opera



I see that you are at a normal weight and I do agree with the above posters about not going down the path of anorexia. Just remember that without a body, you won't be dancing anymore. If you're going to diet, diet safely.



I also do realize the pressures of dance to stay skinny and lean. I've been lucky enough to have a very slim figure (about 5'7, 120). I just suggest eating healthy and exercising. I'm sure with ballet multiple times a week, you have the exercise part down. As for the diet, I have a couple of suggestions that lost me about 10 pounds before prom (I gained a lot of weight from a recent cruise so I needed to lose those extra 10). I didn't starve myself and I DO NOT suggest that. I cut out soda, candy, ice cream, and junk food. Also drink LOTS of water. The better hydrated you are, the better your body can function. I also stopped eating in the middle of night. I had small snacks between meals so I wouldn't over eat if we went out to dinner or something. The snacks were mainly fruits. I had frozen grapes, pineapples, strawberries. And DO NOT weigh yourself, especially if you have one of those electrical scales that allow you to see ever .1 pounds that you've gained. Remember your weight will fluctuate throughout the day because of water. Keep up with this for about 2 weeks and always work towards a goal. My goal was prom and beach week.



As for the flexibility issue, I suggest you talk to your ballet teacher to create a stretching schedule for you. Some exercises she may suggest are pike stretches (legs straight out, lean forward), cobras (to stretch the back), straddle stretches, butterflys, and other things.



I hope I helped. Oh, and to answer your taco bell question, I wouldn't go there at all. Everything there is loaded with carbs and fat. If you really craved fast food. I'd order a caesar salad from mcdonalds with lo fat caesar dressing and grilled chicken with water to drink.



I dance ballet and I'm 13 years old. I'm 5' 5", 135 lb and sure I need to loose weight. Any dancer's diets?performing shows opera theater



You're a perfect weight for your height. Many ballet dancers end up with eating disorders because of the pressure to lose weight. Don't go down that road.
you're 5'5 and 135 lbs........and you wanna lose weight.....ahahahahahahahahahahaha! it's called anorexia and you need to visit a psychologist asap!
You're only 13, you're still a puppy....If you always give up on everything else, nothing is going to work ! You still have many years for your body to mature. Best thing you can do is just eat right and exercise. And spend less time on the computer !
yes, you are normal
Why are you going to taco bell???? Why not McD's or a pizza joint????



My advice for you is this: (And its not intended to be mean or hurtful in any way)!



Enjoy ballet for as long as you're able to and then keep it always as a fond memory. Its somewhat rare that most people are capable of maintaining such a thing as they grow older... larger... turn into adults. Yes many adults can and do keep such things as part of their life but the majority of human beings are simply not designed for such things.
You are ok you do not need to lose anything everything fits in place
5'5" and 135 is perfectly acceptable for a ballet dance. I know from my experieces as a dance that we constantly watched our weight in an attempt to stay little, but frankly even en pointe your center of gravity is perfectly acceptable at this size.
When you go to Taco Bell order something that has no bread.
Just try to eat good nutriment vs fat.



Ask to have the sauce on the side. Do not abuse of good things!(Just don't abuse I said... get what you want no matter what...)



Chicken and fish is better than beef, less fat for more proteins...



Salad is good but the dressing is usually SOOOOO bad on the fat side....



Ask dressing on the side too. No Cesar salad... green is better with Italian dress.
if your stomach bulges when you sit down just start some good excercises for your abs. I would recommend winsor pilates...the 20 minute workout is very effective in a very short time...i did it for 2 weeks and lost 8 inches off my waist. I have included a link for you to look at....



Dont worry about the weight number...muscle weights more than fat...you are probly not fat in the true sence of the word. Ballet requires a alot of muscles so you may weight more. The best way to tell if you are "fat" is to get your fat to muscle ratio measured at a gym...i think any bigger gym that offers personal trainers can do that...just ask for an evaluation..it shouldnt cost that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection