Thursday, December 10, 2009

What age should I start my daughter in ballet?

First of all, I think it is great you want to expose your daughter to the wonderful art of dance. I have been a dancer for 18 years and teaching for 6. We allow childeren as young as 2 to enroll, as long as they are potty trained. This is not always a great idea because some childern are not metally ready to be in a classroom setting. You have to understand at this very young age your daughter is still a baby. Also, pre-school ballet class is more social developement and dress up than a serious study of the art. Most importantly of all, your daughter should show intrest in dance and want to go to class. If she does not show intrest on her own, DON'T PUSH HER. That is the worst thing you can do because she may actually develope a feeling of resentment and anxiety toward ballet and even you. If your child doesn't show intrest right now, that's ok. Wait untill SHE is ready. Remember you can encourage without being overbearing and pushy.



So, if your daughter is over the age of 2, potty trained, and showing intrest in dance, you are ready to choose a school. I recommend going with your daughter to studios to watch a class. Let her see what it is all about. A good school will let you observe or audit a class. Like I said, at this stage it is more of a social developement, but it is also an introduction to school. Learing to follow instrustions, listen, and be away from mom and dad. I like to sing (and sign) ABC's with my students as well as other fun leaning activities. It should be more fun than work. Remember, 2-4 year olds are still babies with very small attention spans. Choose a smaller class for more individual attention. I recommend starting out with one 30 min. class. This allows your child to be away from you only a short period of time and she will not get over stimulated. Then add another 30 min. class each year. Lastly, remember that dance classes can be expensive. Along with monthly tuition, there are tights, shoes, leotards, tutus, dance bags, recital fees, and costume deposites. Be sure to ask the studios about all these costs.



I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful dance experience and the she grows up to be a beautiful and graceful professional ballerina. GOOD LUCK!!!



What age should I start my daughter in ballet?soap opera



Some parents have started their youngsters since the age of 2 in ballet. You should inform yourself at the school what is the youngest age they will register a child.



What age should I start my daughter in ballet?city opera opera theater



When she is able to follow instructions about age 4.
Ideal age is 4. Some start earlier, but they still cannot follow orders as easily.
I didn't start dancing until I was in 4th grade and I think that really hurt my dance abilities because many other girls that were a year or two younger than me were more advanced because they started to dance early.



Many of those girls started between ages 3 and 5. You could start at 3, but I think 4 or even 5 would be better. If your daughter seems like she is ready at 4 then send her but age 5 I think would be a great age to start as well.
My mom put me in when I was 2 and a half because I pestered her constantly about wanting it. 3 or 4 seems to be pretty standard though.



BTW, I stayed in for 16 years.
3yr. the earlier the better, Gymastics would be good to do as well,this way it is much easier on her as far as being more limber.Hope this helps.
whatever age she realizes she wants to do it!
Whenever you think she is ready %26amp; can dance with other little girls. I started when I was 3! If she likes it, keep her in it. She may turn out to be a great dancer somday. A lot of kids just want to play cmputer games %26amp; watch TV...but ballet keeps you in shape, learn dicipline %26amp; respect.
It's best to start at 3-4 soo that way she doesn't have to face embaressment if she starts old enough to know what embarressment is. But, try to start as soon as possible, so that way if you ever move she can get into another dance school because of her years of experiance!
The best age is 7, because at that age she'll start to understand better,and I think that 4 is a little bit too early, she doesn't have time to dance that's her time to play. At age 7 her bones start to develop. It is better b/c it helps with her flexibilities. And if your daughter is at this age it's great because when she'll grow up she will look more natural and better then everybody else. Good Luck!!!
Whenever she feels comfortable and she can socialize good with other kids. I would say around 3 but usually 4 or 5 is better because they can handle more things and listen and take directions better. I started at 2 and a half and I did fine but every child is different.....enrolling her in other things like Gymnastics and tumbling would help too. It all depends on the child and he/she's comfort level also when the studio says she is allowed to enroll Hope I helped!
I started at age 4, and I loved it. I'm stilkl dancing today. Younger than 3 or 4 kids can't usually follow instructions as well, so 4 is an ideal age. 3 would be okay too, if you think she's ready for it.
the sooner the better, i would say around the age of 4 would be good. i think any younger than that is a little bit too young. whenever she can take direction and can try to stay focused.
Most places will start them by the age of 3, you have to judge your own child. Some are ready by then; some are not. Maybe try a Mommy(or Daddy) and me class so you can see how your child does and then enroll her in a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection