Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the most difficult thing about dancing ballet?

The movements? The learning process?



For those that are ballerina dancers, what were some of the most challenging things you faced? Thanks~



What is the most difficult thing about dancing ballet?the grand theater



I would say staying motivated. Sometimes class can get mundane and seem boring. My professors used to tell me to pretend I was performing no matter what so that I would always remember why I was there and keep myself motivated. It is important to remember why you dance, don't you agree? and sometimes that can be the most difficult thing about dancing...staying motivated even through the tough times.



What is the most difficult thing about dancing ballet?soap opera opera theater



dancing ballet.
because the movements require certain muscle



development it is very difficult for a child above 6 or 8



to learn. and almost impossible for someone in their



teens or an adult to learn to do the moves correctly.
I think the most difficult thing about dancing ballet is,the movements because if you don't get them right then some people will use that against you.
the most challenging thing about dance ingeneral is the strain on your muscles and bones... especially if you are en pointe a lot!! try working out and stretching on a regular basis to build up muscles!!
i say ballence and the movements (which, to me, goes hand in hand). being a ballerina, i would have to say that the most challenging things i've faced would be:breaking my toe during a ballet lesson (lol), learning new complex movements, and working on my arches (pointe...which i'm still working on, slowly but surley)
i think keeping your lines straight without leaning, and the muscle strain on your legs and feet
balance
The most difficult thing about ballet for me was trying to keep my posture tight. i would always forget and let my back arch but then my turn out would leave and my arms would bend to far back to compensate. you have to have train your body to keep its stomach up and under so that when you dance posture comes naturally and you can think about the different steps.
I think the hardest part of ballet is the work you do with your brain.



You literally have to think of everything at once:



"Bum tucked, tummy in, legs stretched, feet turned out, shoulders level and head poised. Nicely done, girls. We can now start our pli茅s."



You get the drift...
ballet is difficult b/c it takes years of training to acheive good body alignment, strength and flexibility....and then you must maintain it . not to mention learning the terms/positions/movements.. pointe is even more demanding on the body and feet and many dancers stop there.
uh...probably learning to turn out my hips and teaching my brain to automatically keep my ankle straight instead of curved in....like while doing passe. There's a lot to think about. You teach your body over time to do a lot of things without thinking, for example I always have my foot pointed and turned out when its in the air...it just comes natural.



Hips in line, legs tight, toes pointed, legs turned out, arms curved, thumbs tucked down, back straight, shoulders down, balance, smile....it's a lot to make your body memorize, took me a while to get them all down.
it depends on the skill of how well u dance.and how well in shape u are in because about last week i was doing a stretch and i was coming out of a back arabesque and rotating into a back attitude and my knee kept popping and it poped out of place and poped back in and now i have to get well and i haven't had ballet class all week.so be careful and take care of your body
Ever see Dom Deluise with a tutu dance with Roseanne in the NUT Cracker?
i think standing on ur toes i mean i have no problem but the toes and the humiliation not that i would make fun of u if u do it but other people think its too girly girl but i love it
The movements and the names and get my leg up high enough
In ballet i would say developing thick skin.



You take a lot of emotional knocks, and if you arent tough you will not make it.



We may look delicate but we are soooooo strong in mind as well as body.



WE HAVE TO BE
My major problem in ballet is turn out. I can't really feel the difference between turning out and not turning out for some reason, so my ballet teacher has to help me a lot. It is especially hard when you start dancing faster and have to apply turnout to every step.
Dance is all about Movements
when i first started, co-ordanating now, stretching and remembering all of my points, postiure and dance routine, strecthed feet, ect. all at once
The most difficult thing about ballet is the posture. it might sound easy but is really not.



I am a ballerina and I've been dancing ballet for 12 years. I also dance other styles of dance like contemporary, lyrical and jazz. The most challenging thing that I have faced were pirouettes. I practiced a lot every day 2 hours of pirouettes. And i know if you practice you could be perfect. In the beginning I could barely do 2 pirouettes but now I can do up to 5. I only have one thing too say. JUST PRACTICE EVERY DAY and Believe in yourself.
Initially I think what was most difficult for me was not only balancing and posture but strengthening my core muscles and toes so that I wasn't in pain all the time......wish I had stuck with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection