Saturday, December 5, 2009

Piano and Ballet classes ,great choice for a young girl ??

Both might be a bit much depending on the age. Piano or Ballet would be they way I go. With homework, chores, friends, etc, it is hard to do piano every day for 20 minutes. Trying to practice both would be impossible.



Whichever your girl shows interest in is what I would start them with. Let it go from there.



Piano and Ballet classes ,great choice for a young girl ??opera sheet music



Yes, I really think ballet teaches girls discipline and pose. Most ballet dancers are very graceful. They also have an air of class.



Piano and Ballet classes ,great choice for a young girl ??shows opera theater



Yes to both! She'll thank you years from now.
Yes, I took piano as a child...very happy that I did. I took dance as a teenager and I still dance to this day. My 8yr old daughter also takes ballet now. There are many benefits to taking dance and music classes. It's a great idea!
How about ask her what she wants to do. They are both good classes but if she doesn't like it what's the point?
Both are a great idea if she is interested in them. Otherwise she might not put forth the effort to really benefit from either. I think it's really important for children to be involved in something they find stimulating, so talk to your daughter, find out what she likes and take it from there! =)
Both piano lessons and ballet classes are highly recommended courses of study to expose your child to a taste of culture. However, you may want to reconsider in place of ballet, a more socially founded talent - ballroom dancing, which in the long run is an essential social skill.



Should you have a limited budget and cannot afford the expense of buying a piano or providing private piano lessons, may be consider having your child take up a wind instrument, say, the flute.



Good luck!
yes!!! very good choices =)
piano lessons as well as ballet are mostly the choices for young girls because such skills are so feminine and don't require great strength. but still the best choices are the ones whic they really like to do. they should take what they enjoy most.
Yes, I think both are wonderful ways to learn poise and discipline, and as I understand, can boost their intelligence. But frankly, I've put my girls in both and they have found both to be horribly boring. It really depends on the child in my opinion...obviously many kids love those things. I wish they had loved them, but alas, they traded them in for tap dance, cheerleading and theater. I guess what I am saying is Go For It...they are great lessons, but don't be surprised if they get bored quickly. Some kids just aren't cut out for such disciplined activity.
piano is a great idea because it opens a doorway to the art of music and it makes it easier to learn other instruments later in life.



ballet...isn't the best...when she gets older she'll have problems with her knees. Try gymnastics or soccer
my parents make take piano and I don't like practing and it is boring but it is good for me to know and deep down I love it
Gave my daughter the choice (at age 4) of ballet or gymnastics. She chose dance, which for that age turned out to be both ballet and tap. She loved ballet, but hated tap. She did stick with it though, and only this year has decided to try gymnastics. She loves music, and I have considered music lessons, but maybe look into a children's choir as an alternative, unless she wants piano specifically. She may put in a year of piano and then want to change to violin or another instrument, and those can get very expensive!



Best advice from me? Pick 2 or three things you are willing to let her do, and ask her to choose one or two of those. Keep in mind though, some activities require recitals, which may include a costume or formal dress, and for dance, kids feet grow FAST; we used two pairs of ballet shoes each year she was in it, and I know one girl who went through 3 pairs in a year.



Good luck, and most importantly, make sure your daughter is having fun!
yes. the piano will stimulate her mind and ballet teach her to be comfortable with her body to avoid self esteem issues down the road. both are fine choices.
I think so . When raising my daughter she was in dance at age 4 and started playing t-ball (against her will) at age 5. We had her involved in everything you can imagine. Just to let her explore what there was to offer and find what she enjoyed. When she was in 4th grade she knew what her interest were and today at 21 she is the most independent person i know and she does not ask questions she finds answers. Not that I wouldn't' enjoy her needing dear old mom once in awhile , but i do know that when i am dead and gone that she can care for herself
I think both are great choices. I have 4 year old daughter and would like to start her out in gmnastics first before dance because the two go together. Later I definitely want her to learn martial arts so she is able as a female to protect herself in future situations. Musical instruments help the children with their math skills also.



The downside of ballet is young girls can develop eating disorder because they are expected to stay very petite. In other words low self esteem.



I would like to see my daughter learn salsa dance, it's so cute to see the little kids dancing salsa, etc.



I studied Kung-Fu as a teenager and it was very tough but rewarding and I have more self-esteem because of it. I'm not scared of situations that other women would be afraid of because I can handle my own.



Just let her take a look at the different things she can learn and she will let you know what she likes.
Piano; Yes! How wonderful...I was starting to think the only thing kids learned how to use these days was an iPod or XBox.
Not quite sure, my girls are in t-ball, Brownies, and swimming lessons. They love all 3 and they interact with different children.
The child may not have talent or the desire to pursue learning in one or the other of the two areas. So give her a few lessons on each subject and see how she does.



My daughter was terrible in gymnastics, but very talented in piano. She took piano for 7 years, and voice for 4. Now she sings and arranges music for an acapella group chorale at Rice University. I'm very proud.



And though she didn't do well in gymnastics, she excelled in swimming. Today she supervises the learn-to-swim program at Rice. Her private lessons are $35/half hour.
I think the choice should be hers. But explain that what ever activity she chooses. She has to stick with it fir no less than one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection